Monday, June 26, 2006

a for annachi… b for banjara…

These new definitions for the letters of the alphabet would not really be new for those who dine out quite often.

While returning home after strolling through the streets of Indiranagar, I came across a restaurant called Annachi Restaurant on the 100 ft road of Indiranagar. I have already heard this name and wanted to pay a visit here sometime. Not missing the opportunity of having come to this locality, I immediately decided to have my dinner here.

Opening the doors of the resto made me feel comfortable may be because of the relatively silent atmosphere and elegant ambience. I could feel the interest and care which had gone in in designing and coming up with this environment.

I was guided to occupy a seat by the side of a glass wall and the activities on the main road gave me company, as I was alone this time. I was offered the menu card once I had my seat. Very carefully chosen and designed menu items are evident at the first glance. It’s a typical Chettinad cuisine restaurant.

I wanted to have murungakai soup (drumstick soup), but that was not the specialty of the day. I had to have kaaikari soup (vegetable soup). That was no less in taste! Meanwhile I was contemplating on whether to have some rice items or some tiffin items. After a brief discussion with the bearer, I ordered for vadi saadam (steamed rice) and vellapoondu kozhumbu (garlic sambar).

Once I started having the dishes, just a thought… whether I ordered for the right dishes or all their dishes were prepared this tasty;-) I had curd rice too. The kozhumbu was too tasty that I didn’t want to ask for pickle or something that would go along with it.

Clean bowls post dinner should suffice in describing the quality and the taste of their food.

It’s not very common to find really polite and friendly bearers, atleast in Bangalore restaurants.

“Truly Chettinad”.

Having said my Saturday experience on the first letter of the alphabet, Sunday is made for the next letter.

Jayanagar no more sans a good restaurant. Located in a very unexpected place; there is a heavy contrast comparing the inside and outside of the resto.

They have their people put up from previous floor to the resto to welcome and guide you and carefully hand over to the next appropriate person.

You may opt for smoking or non-smoking zone.

Menu was pretty neatly arranged with soups, starters, main course items and desserts, each in turn consisting of both veg and non-veg items. They had north Indian, Chinese and a few south Indian items.

I ordered for palak shorbha and shangai potato. It was a treat for the taste buds; “yummy” to put it simply.

Sabzi biriyani and pudina raitha for the main course made a perfect match. I am looking for words, which would mean greater degrees of deliciousness to describe how they were. Or, I could say, go ahead and experience for yourself!!

The ambience and the courteousness of the bearers are to be definitely appreciated. When they say their guests are friends, they mean it. They make you feel very comfortable.

“Luxury Dining Redefined”.

I had one more post earlier on my dining at T.G.I.F. That was primarily because of my altogether different experience with the cuisine. Now this, although a very common cuisine and dishes, this post is for the ambience and well-mannered staff of these restos, which is not so common and one shouldn’t miss, I feel.

2 Comments:

At 26 June, 2006 12:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sudha, gr8 going...your latest post stresses on "ambience and quality of service" which are very important especially when you are out with some special friend. During such occassions you are not only out to just enjoy the food but also to have a nice chat with the person. Both the "restos" seem to be cool that way... and I MUST check them out :-)

 
At 10 October, 2006 16:08, Blogger priya said...

very nice!! had a tour too in ur blog:)


btw thnx for ur comments in ma blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home