Saturday, March 03, 2007

silver birthday...

as i turned 25 this year, i celebrated my birthday better than my last years; rather than saying - i celebrated, it was more of my friends' involvement in celebrating my birthday.

started the day with two calls (at 12 midnight) - one from my friend staying abroad and one from my fiancee.

was around 6:10 am when i woke up to my parents and brother's wishes, wishing me a prosperous year ahead!

getting out of my bed with a half mind - so early - to wake up now or not? brought the newspaper and was going through it with tv running in the background - still on the bed... ;-)

got ready, prayed to god for the well being of myself and others.

i had planned to meet one of my good friends - so started off to meet her. on reaching her home, i was doubtful on her flat number. called her up and got it confirmed. she opens the door after making me wait for few minutes. and she was peeping out of the door - reaction being - she was doubtful if somebody had knocked the door or did she hear something like that!! and then she lets me in. wow! there was a surprise for me. that was an amazing start of my new year. she had arranged, on the table, a nice cake with candles lit up all over the sides. i was really taken aback. i really didn't know how to react for i didn't expect that at all - in fact, i started cutting the cake, even before blowing off the candles... :-) another perspective could be it has been ages since i have cut a cake and hence that inexperienced act ;-)

that being the biggest different event of the day, the rest of the day went on as usual.

i rather plan for the year on my birthday than on a new year. i wanted to finish my post graduation theory papers successfully, wanted to learn swimming, trading stocks and cooking. i wanted to buy another two wheeler, not exactly another - after disposing off my current!! i wanted to travel more, for i haven't in the last two years. all my saturdays were spent attending classes. will start as soon as my exams are over - that should be by april mid.

coming back to the day - after roaming around to some places, i relaxed for sometime at home. then, later in the evening, i went to a nice mediterranean restaurant for dinner with my cousin and his wife. started off the day with a home-made indian breakfast and ended up having an authentic italian dinner.

was an amazing day, indeed!! this post is dedicated to all those who made my day special... thanks a ton :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home